If you’ve been on the Master Cleanse diet or are thinking about it, you’ve probably heard that day 3 can be the hardest. Now for some, it is day 2 or even day 4. Some even experience the first day as the hardest, but what makes day 3 of the master cleanse so difficult?
For starters, the third day of the Master Cleanse diet involves many biological changes that occur in the body. Often times, this is the day when people detox the most and their bodies begin to feel the true addiction to the many toxic substances that we ingest on a daily basis. It almost looks like someone who is going through a severe withdrawal from drugs, because that is what is happening. Fear not. The third day of the master cleanse is by far the most difficult day you will have during this detox diet, also known as the master quick cleanse. Here are some tips for getting through the first days of cleaning, and specifically the third.
1. If you haven’t read about master cleaning or gotten a master cleaning guide, then the third day can be a shock. Keep in mind that the more you know about this detox diet, the fewer surprises you will encounter during it. Make sure you do everything the way you are supposed to and stay relaxed.
2. Do you want to make cravings disappear? Rent some movies or buy a good book. This was the easiest way for me to distract myself during the master cleanse and intense detox. The more you can relax and enjoy the peace, the better and more comfortable you will feel. This is similar to what people go through when they try to quit smoking. You’re experiencing a kind of withdrawal symptom from additives, preservatives, and addictive junk in food.
3. Note that after the third day, it will be almost a hike to the end. During the Cleansing Fast, it usually only takes 3 days from day 1 to feel extraordinary. So remember there is a hump and just above that hump is achievement and greatness. Everyone I have talked to on the subject insists (including me) that everything changed for the better after the third day. So if you’ve made it this far, it’s all downhill.
4. Save a good portion of your mix for the night. Most of us tend to eat more at night. Although this is not so healthy, it is what our body is used to. So if you’re having trouble with cleaning, take a break and drink more of your mix in the evenings.
5. Are you using enough cayenne pepper in your master cleanse recipe? Cayenne pepper is commonly used to aid in appetite suppression. The chemical in peppers called capsaicin has been known for years to help people lose weight and control their appetite. If you’re not using enough of the Master Cleanse Diet suggests, then you could be making cleanse a lot more difficult for yourself.
6. Make sure to drink your smooth movement tea and peppermint tea in the afternoons as well. These help change the cleanliness and aid in the master cleanse diet washing process.
7. The more you stay busy, without overdoing it, the better off you will be at the end of Day 3 of the Master Cleanse Diet. Personally, I would try to steer clear of exercise since your body is going through enough adjustments, but things like watching movies, reading, fishing, even a light walk in the park are great ways not to think about detox. Also keep in mind that you should not surround yourself with people who eat fast food and cook. This creates a temptation that makes compromise that much more difficult. If you quit smoking, you’d want to be around smokers, right? This also applies to the master cleaning. Repeat to yourself and those around you that cleaning is only temporary, and during that time, you would like to refrain from being around tempting foods.
The Master Cleanse Diet, also known as Master Quick Cleanse, is a very popular means of cleansing and detoxification. By performing the proper procedures and maintaining a healthy frame of mind, you can make even tough times of cleaning go by with ease.